The Culinary Arts program is a 6-month intensive program accredited by TESDA (Technical Education and Skills Development Authority) that allows graduates to earn a Commercial Cooking NC ll (National Certification Level 11) qualification. This qualification attests to the graduate’s competence to assume any of the following entry level positions in the industry: Commis 1, 2, and 3, Pastry Cook, Hot-Kitchen Cook, Pantry Worker, Cold-Kitchen Cook/Garde Manger and Saucier. .
Through instructive demonstrations and intensive hands on training, complemented by lectures on theories, students are equipped with the fundamental skills and techniques on various cooking methods, including international cuisine, i.e. Asian, European, and American. Students are honed in the classroom laboratory for four months, after which they undergo two months of internship training in the actual hospitality workplace, where they apply the knowledge and skills gained in class, enhance their culinary skills and gain actual industry experience in the hospitality workplace.
All AHA Phil courses are designed to teach and train you in the culinary arts thru a tri-level approach of lecture, demo and hands-on kitchen work:
- lectures are practical and comprehensive
- demos are conducted in a theater-style room
- hands-on cooking in well-equipped kitchen stations
- limited number of students per cooking station for conducive learning
Complete program tuition is Php 266,000.00.
The 6-month Diploma in Culinary arts becomes a Diploma in International Culinary Arts (DICA) when the student opts to undergo a 3-month international PAID work experience in the USA with international partner hotels of AHA USA. Additional cost for the program fee, airfare and health insurance apply.
Note that an entrance exam is required prior to enrolling for this course.
Students who wish to join the DCA program may apply for either the April, July or November intake.
- Professional Chef
- Product Identification
- Kitchen Math
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Knife Skills
- Butchery & Fish Mongerie
- Stocks, soups and Starches
- Cooking Methods
- Breakfast Cookery
- Asian Cuisine
- European Cuisine
- American Cuisine
- * Two-month local internship training
- Minimum educational requirement: High School diploma
- Completed Application Form with 2 photos (1 1/2″ X1″)
- Application fee of P 500.00
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Must pass written entrance exam, interview, medical, and psychological examinations
- For High School graduates – Form 138 (Photocopy of High school Report Card and Photo copy of High school Diploma
- For college undergraduates – Form 138 ( Photocopy of High school Report Card and updated form 137 (Photocopy of Transcript of Records
- For college graduates – Certified True Copy of Diploma and Form 137 (Photo of Transcript of Records)
- Certificate of Honorable Dismissal from most recently attended school
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from most recently attended school
MODES OF PAYMENT
Refers to Cash (bills) or Dated Check (Manila Clearing Only)
Bills should be deposited to Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC) or Banco de Oro. A validated deposit slip should be presented or sent via fax.
**FAX COPY ACCEPTED (ORIGINAL DEPOSIT SLIP TO BE SUBMITTED UPON ENROLLMENT)
Any credit card with credit limit that allows for one (1) swipe or transaction only; does not include several credit cards for payment
You may download our Installment Plan in PDF format by clicking the Download button below.